What are the factors that affect the life of LED strips? LED strips are not well maintained during use, and the service life of LED strips will be greatly reduced. What are the factors that affect the life of LED strips? There are four main factors:
1. LEDs are electrostatic sensitive components. If you do not take antistatic measures when repairing LED strips, you will burn out the LEDs and cause waste. Of course, the life of the LED strip cannot be guaranteed;
2. The toughness of the copper wire or flexible circuit board of the LED light strip will cause the LED light strip to break during bending, and it will also affect the life of the LED light strip;
3. Power supply factors. LED light strips are generally powered by a constant voltage power supply (DC switching power supply). If the output of the power supply is unstable or there is no surge protection, it will output unstable voltage and voltage when the external network voltage fluctuates. The current causes the LED strip to work under non-standard voltage, which will also affect its service life;
4. Since LED is a constant current component, the constant current effect of LED lamps produced by different manufacturers is different, and of course the life will be different because of this.
LED light strip repair precautions
1. Anti-static: Because LED is a static-sensitive component, if the anti-static measures are not taken when repairing the LED strip, it will burn out the LED and cause waste. It should be noted that the soldering iron must use an anti-static soldering iron, and the maintenance personnel must also take anti-static measures (such as wearing a static ring and anti-static gloves).
2. Continuous high temperature: The two important components of LED strips, LED and FPC, are products that cannot sustain high temperature. If the FPC continues to be at a high temperature or exceeds its withstand temperature, the FPC's cover film will bubble, which will directly cause the LED strip to be scrapped. At the same time, LEDs can't sustain high temperature continuously, and their chips will be burned out at high temperature for a long time. Therefore, the soldering iron used in the maintenance of LED strips must use a temperature-controlled soldering iron to limit the temperature to a range, and it is forbidden to change and set it at will. In addition, even so, you need to pay attention to the soldering iron not to stay in the LED pin for more than 10 seconds during maintenance, if this time is exceeded, it is likely to burn out the LED chip.
3. Short circuit: Many LED strips are defective because there is a short circuit at the feet. Be sure to find out the real cause of the defect before repairing. Otherwise, after the bad LED is replaced rashly, the chip of the LED will continue to be broken by the short-circuit current when the LED is powered on again. Therefore, before replacing a new LED, you must first find out the real cause of the bad, so you can do more with less.